Austria immigration government has launched an immigration scheme for permanent residence in Austria through a Red-White-Red Card. Its aim is to make possible immigration for qualified overseas workers and their family members to acquire a permanent residence in Austria, based on labour-market and personal criteria.
The related rules came into force on 1 July 2011 and are continuing till now. The duration of stay with this card is for 12 months. This entitles to fixed-term settlement and work by a specified employer. The eligibility for becoming a holder of the Red-White-Red card is
- Highly skilled workers
- Shortage occupation skilled workers
- Some other key workers
- Graduates from Austrian universities and higher education colleges
- Key workers who are self-employed
There are two categories in the Red-White-Red Card Scheme:
1) Red-White-Red Card
2) Red-White-Red Card Plus
The Red-White-Red Card Plus eligibility and requirement is as follows:
This card entitles to a fixed-term settlement and unrestricted labour market access.
- Red-White-Red Card holders, who are employed in accordance with the necessities required for admission of 10 months within the before twelve months
- EU Blue Cards holders and family members of Red-White-Red Card holders
- family members of foreign citizens who are permanently settled in Austria
The family members must be directly related to the person. To know more about Red-While-Red Card or for any assistance contact Opulentus or call 1800 103 155.