Quick Enquiry
Arrivals from Asia to Austria to reach 1 mil. in 2015: ANTO
Posted on: 06 Sep 2013  |   Tags: Austria Visitor Visa , Austrian National Tourist Office ,

The Austrian National Tourist Office (ANTO) and its partners held a business seminar in Taipei on Sept. 2, speaking about the European country's growing tourism industry.

Austria ImmigrationAccording to the office, arrivals from Asia in Austria will see an annual increase of 35 to 46 percent and reach a total of one million in 2015.

The ANTO said that arrivals from foreign countries in summer tend to top those in winter.

For example, 32 percent of arrivals from Taiwan take place in winter, whereas the remaining 68 percent take place in summer, the ANTO said.

Citing figures provided by Statistik Austria, more than 70 percent of Taiwanese tourists, more than China's 59 percent and South Korea's 35 percent, choose to stay at four- or five-star hotels when visiting Austria, the ANTO added.

There has been a significant increase in the number of arrivals from Taiwan, the ANTO said, adding that in 1998 there were 12,843 arrivals, whereas in 2012 there were approximately 61,800 arrivals.

In terms of overnight visits, there were 22,199 in 1998, whereas last year there were 93,400.

In terms of overnight visits, the most popular areas and regions for Taiwanese tourists are Vienna, Salzburg and Upper Austria, representing 42.8 percent, 27 percent and 16.3 percent of total visitors, respectively, followed by Tyrol with 7.4 percent and Lower Austria with 2.2 percent.

Source: http://www.chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/foreign-community/2013/09/05/388139/Arrivals-from.htm

Share your Comments
Please Login to view/submit Comments & Replys